Summer Bucket List

Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm starting to get really restless for consistent warm weather. You know, those perfect mornings that seem to last all afternoon and you just want to spend the day outside? Cab in hand, obv.

We got a small taste this past weekend and I really wasn't ready for the snow and rain today. Luckily, I'm off to fl this week to see my amazing friends and family, and hopefully be greeted with perfectly warm weather.

Is it weird I miss that feeling of a sunburn and salt in my hair? I think it's the best feeling in the world when my freckles pop up across my nose and my hair gets just a little blonder...for free. 






My memories of warm beach weather feel like they're becoming just a little more distant as each week passes. I'm a beach bum to the core, and as a July baby, the summer holds some of my fondest memories.


I find myself thinking of memories I want to keep reliving over and over again, as well as new adventures I can't wait to embark on. Below is a bucket list I've compiled. I think it's long enough to be a challenge, but short enough to still be doable, and fit in the short yet epic summer that Chicago is known for. There isn't a moment of sunshine to be wasted, so I think this is a great way to ensure I'm making the most of it.

Here is how I want to spend my 100 days of summer.


1. do an outdoor zumba class in millenium park
2. save up for the DSLR camera I've been wanting, so each moment I capture is just a little clearer :)
3. take a photo class
4. go kayaking on the chicago river
5. go on a spontaneous weekend trip- camping? Maybe combine with the next?
6. do at least 3 festivals outside: music, food, drink
7. get my fitness routine down
8. go to a cubs game
9. have a crazy night on a rooftop
10. learn how to craft my own cocktails, preferably with my constantly stocked bar cart
11. go on a hot air balloon ride
12. build a sand couch
13. visit my best friend in northern michigan, an annual trip I look forward to each year
14. have my FL girlies visit again, maybe the summers will convince some of them to move here :)
15. volunteer
16. keep this thing up to date. I think the most impt. part of blogging is not only doing it genuinely, but consistently.

What are some of your summer bucket list items? I'm sure I'm missing many I need to do here. Regardless, I can't wait to start crossing these off my list!


2 comments:

  1. I ADORE this list!! I feel like there are a lot of "recycled" ideas on blogs out there but these are so refreshing and 100% unique. Hope you have fun-- in fact, I know you will!

    http://thecoralcameo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Maya! I'm really looking forward to trying to check them off my list! As long as the warm weather ever makes it's way here :)

      Love your blog by the way!

      Delete