Lincoln Park Photo Dump

Monday, June 30, 2014

>>kickin' it on the rooftop<<

Well, I'm the literal worst at keeping this up to date, clearly that summer bucket list mentioned two months ago isn't gonna cross itself off. I need to get my shit together.





Anywho.

It's been a while, and with a significant gap in time, means some serious updates to share. I swear updates will happen without a major gap in time. I think I just drink too much.


I've also had to amend my Summer bucket list a bit. See, when I made it I was pretty clueless as to what I need to do, mostly it'll be additions with things I've done that I now realize should've been on there. Is that cheating?

Whatever. I'm still figuring this Chicago thing out, so I'm giving myself a pass. The bucket list will reappear soon enough.

>>biggest update of all: i moved!<<


I know, I know. "What do you freaking mean you moved? You just got to Chicago!"

I just moved like two miles away. The update is more so who I moved with...


After two long years of distance, we've closed the gap. 

Can't say it was easy, but it sure as hell is worth it to wake up to these two cuties every day. 


>>the human is pretty shy so we'll see how many appearances he makes on here<<

Since moving to the new neighborhood, we've done our fair share of exploring... and of course are on a first name basis with a few bartenders.

Lincoln Park is incredible. It's neighborhoody enough so we don't feel like we're mixed up in the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough so we are still very much a part of it- when we want to be.

Forgot this was supposed to be a photo dump, not a ridiculous rant.

Without further adieu, the photodump:

*Full disclosure, not all of these are in the new neighborhood, but they were too pretty to leave out. So whatever.



>>new purse and delicious cocktail I want to re-create. damn you, kate spade sale<<


>>our new rooftop view<<


>>but first...<<


>>blooms all around<<


>>our favorite spot to walk melee. best views of the city<<


>>not in our neighborhood at all. but one of the prettiest sunsets i've seen<<


>>love ivory on brick- and it's everywhere<<


>>literally<<


>>sangi at the old town art fest<<


>>white picket fence<<


>>cute flowers<<


>>i love how the trees make a canopy over the street<<


>>obsessed with this installation near our house<<


>>sweet reminder at one of our favorite happy hour spots<<


 photo IMG_0184.jpg

>>cute yellow house<<

 photo a7d05231-d744-49dd-ac2e-2ad45c0f8381.jpg



>>bus ride reading<<

 photo IMG_0214.jpg 

>>spectacular view during an after work walk<<

 photo IMG_0315.jpg 


>>melee loving the perfect weather<<

 photo IMG_0320.jpg 


>>boats docked in the canal<<


 photo IMG_3649.jpg

>>peonies from the farmer's market<<

 photo IMG_0362.jpg


>>sunday snoozing<<

So much more to share- mostly with decorations to our new place, because god knows our tastes are so different. It's been... a challenge? lol but honestly it's come together perfectly and I can't wait to share the end result.

Here's to me actually posting again soon.

15 comments:

  1. Love it, meals! Post more ... and often! I want to see your new place! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaimie Lynn! I have plenty more to come- a lots including the new place. Can't wait to show it! Miss you :)

      Delete
    2. I was reading through your blog Amelia and I had to comment on this comment.... So funny that Jaimie called you Meals.... My sisters name is Amelia and we have called her Meals for years and years! Everyone always looks at me weird when I call her that... :)

      Delete
  2. OH EM GEE s'cuteee I cannot wait to kick it to that rooftop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's so soon! Can't wait to have you here!

      Delete
  3. I love all of the pics! And you look super happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are amazing! Love that view... totally jealous! And your Kate Spade bag is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I almost bought another when they did their most recent flash sale... talk about self control

      Delete
  5. This post just made me want to move to Chicago. It's absolutely beautiful during summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having a blast. Congrats on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving those peonies!

    xx Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com

    ReplyDelete