my name is amelia and i love america.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014


So before we get started here, I'd just like to say that you always have the absolute best time when you least expect it.

I'm terrified to plan my birthday (even though i do it every year), plan a trip's itinerary too much, in general I just don't like to set expectations because you'll always fall short on what you were hoping for.

god forbid i ever get married.

Point is: the least pressure,  inevitably the more fun.

To say this 4th was epic would be an understatement, but I'll try to describe it to the best of my memory.





You know that best friend you have- the one you don't talk to every day, or maybe even see for a year- but when you do, everything picks up right where it left off no questions asked?


>>wrong holiday, but it's the most epic photo we've ever taken<<


>>my hand looks giant<<

Well, this is my friend as described above and she's basically not basic at all. She flew into town for this wonderful Holiday.

 I drunkenly ran across the street from the bar to greet her. 

We screamed. We danced. We caused a scene. We ate macaroni and cheese.



onto the festivities

So. The plan was this:

1. Have a quick couple drinks on the rooftop
2. Make our way downtown for a makeshift pubcrawl
3. Head to the lake and watch the fireworks
4. Eat drunk food
5. Fall asleep peacefully Pass out. 

What really happened:

1. Have a quick couple drinks on the rooftop
2. Bond with strangers over our annoyance that someone chose to reserve one of the few rooftop tables
3. Start a flip cup game
4. Turn said flip cup game into an epic battle
5. Stay on the rooftop the entire freaking day and night and miss the fireworks on the lake because we were eating drunk food




So, we made friends with some really awesome people. 


We started by introducing ourselves by name and quickly realized that between the flip cup and fireball, we had no hope to remember anyone's. 

Naturally, we needed a game: say your first name, and think of something you love associated with the first letter of your first name

My name's Amelia and I love America. 

There was Lauren Loves Lemons, Isabel loves Ice Cream, Chelsea loves Chipotle (and Chilis). It actually worked quite well.


>>Melee even got to come party in the USA<<





Oh this table. The root of our bond. So, to give some insight: our rooftop is big, but not big enough to reserve a table on the 4th of July... when you don't come up to use that table until like 3pm.

Obviously we all got drunk and decided Jessica was nonsense and we took over the table. 

We do have to thank her though, for giving us a reason to play flip cup with these strangers and have such a random day.

So thanks, Jess. I've taken the liberty to abbreviate her name.


>>sorry east coast, chicago deserved this weather<<





>>why yes, that is a shamu koozie<<





>>shenanigans<<


>>survivor flip cup<<



>>team america getting serious with beer pong<<




>>my gal, chelsA<<




>>kellie walking around so proud to have the drunken whipped cream<<


>>look at that talent. the photo taking i mean<<


>>so american<<


>>pretend there are fireworks here<<
What an epic, epic day it was.

I hope everyone had an amazing 4th, but I also hope you had a better 5th than I did. 

God bless America. And beer. And fireball. 

6 comments:

  1. Don't try to act like you had more fun than we did on St. Patty's or when you will be home for your birthday!!! #rude

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your outfit is totes adorbs!!! You guys look like you had an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha LOVE this! I need a Shamu koozie like ASAP! And how freaking cute are you in your PBR shirt?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this too! I wish it was pretty and sunny like this in Orlando over the weekend :( Can't wait to kick it at the springs for your bday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this. Loving you. Loving our weekend. Miss you already bestie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited Chicago for the 4th of July weekend too and completely fell in love. Such a fun city and it was absolutely beautiful during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete