Chicago-Go. Go.

Friday, March 21, 2014

they say you go when you're ready enough...


{blondetourage}

Well, shit. If I waited until I was 100% ready to do anything, I'd barely make it past opening a bottle of wine, because I'm like...today's the day I'm going to start my diet, just kidding, I'll have a glass of wine. Today's the day I'm going to stop eating dairy. Amelia, who are you kidding you have to finish your wine from last night, or else it will go bad- and what goes better with wine than cheese? Wine wins. Wine always wins...so I've compromised and I'm having some vino while writing this. 




I've been meaning to start this blog for two years, so I'm off to quite the start, sharing that I drink far too often, and am a procrastinator, all in the prologue. I also cursed in the first sentence. I should probably quit now.

But here goes nothing...

Was I ready to leave FL, my incredible friends, my amazing family, the weather- where winter is anything below 70? Hells no. But how many times are you fully prepared for what's in store? You think you have your life under control, and then wham. life is like. no bitch, you don't.

Picture it. 

You go from this...

{heaven on earth}

{fabulous girlfriends}

{the best friends, just blocks away}

{my crazy, amazing family. Yes, they're all mine, all a car ride away}

To this...

{my walk to work}

{the snow really never ends}

{freezing. don't let that POC fool you}

Some nights, I'm like "hell yes, I'm so independent."livin' in a big ole' city." I got this... I'm good.

{this view. I can't}

Other nights I'm like... you do not "got this" you pour yourself a glass a wine and think about what you've done.
 photo photo13_zps9c69ffca.jpg
{makes everything better}


 photo photo14_zps46232ce3.jpg
{at least my little home is adorbs}

It's hard to define how I'm feeling at the moment. Mostly, I wish I could take bits and pieces of Orlando and put them here in Chicago. But what's great about a huge life change, is having incredible friends there to back you up every step of the way.

The reason for the move was my job (for those of you who don't know me well.)

I'm going to get sappy for like 5 seconds... just humor me. 

If you know me- you know I love IZEA. I love the people- they've become my best friends, my family. So, when I was offered the chance to move to Chicago, of course I jumped to take it. My fav. city + the company I love... my decision was basically instantaneous. But the transition wasn't exactly seamless. 

 photo rhiameionInstagram-1_zpse500ac20.jpg
{#TP}

I've been with IZEA for almost 3 years now, and man has it been a blast... I mean look at us.

 photo TheIZEAWay|Aguidetoourcompanyandculture|Page4_zpsa6e0321a.jpg

IZEA is the reason I got to fulfill something I've been wanting for 2 years. It was easy to talk about moving... dreaming of nights on the rooftop, crazy summers downtown... but actually making a huge move is hard. So hard. 

Chicago is amazing, it's beautiful, it's eclectic; with amazing food, people and music. But it isn't home yet. It gets lonely, and scary and cold...as hell.

 photo 1958525_10104292325117903_827966133_n_zpsf0ddf101.jpg

But you know what, it isn't going to be easy- just like any huge life change. But, I figured the best way to stay in touch with home, while still exploring this new, soon-to-be home, is through blogging.



 photo ameliaguldionInstagram-1_zpsc9951778.jpg

The purpose of this blog is to document my journey- from amazing, big city adventures, to the little moments of nostalgia that remind me of why I'm here, and to remind me to enjoy the ride- wherever it is I'm headed. So please, follow along*

*However, if you're offended by drinking, occasional cursing, or dry humor, please don't.

  • A full bodied parakeet barked
And this my friends, is the start of Amelia Street.

18 comments:

  1. This is perfection! Can't wait to read about your journey .... I know it's going to be amazing! Miss you Mealsie! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jaimie! I'm excited to share it- and of course so nervous too! Miss you so so much!

      Delete
  2. What a great 1st post! You're gonna do awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh! I love it! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! I know it will be very entertaining :) The opening only made me want to read more. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jackie! Wine is usually a good hook. lol

      Delete
  4. This makes me so happy! I feel famous being in so many of those photos ;)

    I can't wait to see you in a few short weeks and even sooner for our Skype night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha girl you are famous, and gone with the wind fab. Can't wait to see you!!! We will need to document it so we can blog about it!

      Delete
  5. Omgosh, Reading this makes me feel like you're sitting right next to me! Miss you so much and I know you'll do amazing things in Chicago. #TP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #TP4L. that's for life if you didn't catch on lol. Miss you so much- dibs on sharing your desk when I travel home

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Amelia. I love that city. Lived there for 2 years. Would move back again. Hang in there through the LONG winter. Summer is wonderful. Keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim! I hear the summer's make it worth it- I hear it enough that it must be true. Thanks for the words of encouragement. The blogging will continue, please keep reading!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. s'cuuuttteeee. You of all people know how long I've been wanting to post. Bucklist item #1 of the year.. check!

      Delete
  8. Yay Amelia, I'm so proud of you! Just always remember you are too pretty for anything & too blessed to be stressed. Great things await you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen!!! And you too! Hope everything is well in SC. We all need to plan a reunion once a year to reconnect and make sure we stay in touch. I vote for the keys this summer.

      Delete
  9. Congrats! It is serrrrrriously so cute. Can't wait for another Saturday spent shopping, drinking, lunching, vinoing, lounging, and all of the above. Love the first post, can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks girl! Can we do our drunk shopping stat? I am actually thinking of heading to Michigan ave for a few things this weekend, and think pre-gaming is necessary.

      Delete