Back to Basics. Back to Beachin'

Monday, August 25, 2014

So back to me posting on this on a regular basis... 

Let's try it again :)

You may have noticed the blog got a facelift- and I absolutely love it. I wanted to simplify the template while still keeping it as girlie as ever. I love clean lines, white space and light grey. So, I was pretty much sold on it the moment I spotted it.

Let's rewind say to mid July. Yes I realize that was a month ago, but there are some amazing memories and hilarious moments too good to leave out. I'm gonna try to squeeze a bit in through the next few posts.. so bear with me. Pour a glass of wine, coffee or tequila shot...

{the time of day shouldn't affect your choice of beverage. I don't judge.}


>>nail polish is blu via Zoya (my absolute fav. brand)<<




My trip back to FL kicked off with a hometown visit. I got to hang out with the family all weekend- and of course hit the beach as much as possible.



>>maybe a little too much<<

We went two days straight and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. 

 photo IMG_9744.jpg

>>our little corner of paradise<<

 photo IMG_1229.jpg

>>the gals<<

My nieces, the 3 gorgeous girls from the left in, had no problem reminding me of how pale I am. I used to be the tannest of the bunch. Now it's hard to distinguish my face from the sand. 

 photo e0bfc52b-303a-4575-810d-f1638e21bc44.jpg

>>no but really<<

Regardless of the iridescence that is my skin, it is amazing to get back to the beach, get back in my hometown, and just enjoy the comforts of home. Big city living is incredible, but the beach girl in me needed this. 

 photo 2b7c1957-6c88-40c2-9353-b1185cb0e0ce.jpg

>>after day two- red skin & chapped lips<<


>>ice cream to cool down at our favorite little spot<<

From the beach, we headed back to my parent's house to celebrate mine and my sister's birthdays. Our birthdays are a day apart...give or take about 15 years :)

 photo IMG_9760.jpg
 photo IMG_0707.jpg

 photo IMG_0682.jpg

You can't beat the comforts of home. It's always great to get to reconnect with the family- see the little ones grow a bit older and recharge in this little beach town. 

8 comments:

  1. Umm check out your new adorable blog layout! Love it! And love your nail polish! I meant to ask you while you were here what color that was, now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you!!! I am obsessed with the new template- I'm glad this is the one I went with :)

      And yes- I absolutely love Zoya. paraben-free and it lasts so long!

      Delete
  2. Amelia, this new layout is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new layout looks great! and that sunburn concerns me! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jill :) And yes. I was in pain for a good week. My skin got comfortable being that pale way faster than I did!

      Delete
  4. I love your new layout! It's soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete