Getting Touristy on Navy Pier

Thursday, September 11, 2014

I am on a roll with this summer bucket list thing lately. 


Below is the original. Although I didn't finish it off, I think I can roll a couple over into fall. Yes? 

Yes.

1. do an outdoor zumba class in millenium park
2. save up for the DSLR camera I've been wanting, so each moment I capture is just a little clearer :)
3. take a photo class
4. go kayaking on the chicago river
5. go on a spontaneous weekend trip- camping? Maybe combine with the next?
6. do at least 3 festivals outside: music, food, drink
7. get my fitness routine down
8. go to a cubs game
9. have a crazy night on a rooftop
10. learn how to craft my own cocktails, preferably with my constantly stocked bar cart
11. go on a hot air balloon ride
12. build a sand couch
13. visit my best friend in northern michigan, an annual trip I look forward to each year 
>>does it count if she came here?
14. have my FL girlies visit again, maybe the summers will convince some of them to move here :)
15. volunteer
16. keep this thing up to date. I think the most impt. part of blogging is not only doing it genuinely, but consistently.

Another item that should have been on here is to go on the Ferris Wheel of Navy Pier. 

I love the water and I love Ferris Wheels, so how this didn't make the cut, I'm not sure. 


My gal Chelsea and I bought Groupons a while back to go on a boat tour, and we decided to make a day of it. The weather could not have been better. Mid 70s, and not a cloud in the sky.

We obviously started with brunch, at D4.


We got to the tour a little early, so to the bar we went for drinks and a FireBall shot, obviously. 


Then off on the tour we went!












We both agreed with the imminent fall weather, we should take advantage of the pier. 

Originally we had plans for only the Ferris Wheel.

...but when we saw the swings... we had to. Literally those are the epitome of my childhood. I am obsessed. I can't.














If only these summer nights would last just a little longer. It's in the 40s this week.

Here's to fall fashion, pumpkin spice and burgundy lipstick.

4 comments:

  1. Adding the Navy Pier to my Chicago bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so brave!! those swings scare the HELL out of me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jill on this one, those chair swings are so scary. Such awesome photos though, makes me want to head back to Chicago in the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Details are on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete