#LollaLivin'

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

So, I went my first music festival. ever.

After moving to Chicago, it was like the infamous L word, that warranted a gasp when I mentioned I'd never been (and didn't know much about it.) It was is a magical concert I had to go to if I've never been.

 photo IMG_0962.jpg

I know this post is a month overdue- my life is overdue. Get over it.

Lollapalooza. 

There was so much happening. From the seriously life changing decisions of whether to see Kings of Leon or Calvin Harris, to should I just buy this wine by the glass, or by the water bottle (I'll explain later.)

I loved Lolla, because there were bands I like a lot, but never would've thought to see them in concert- and now would jump at the chance. And.. there was also the opportunity to go stage hopping, from one side of Grant Park to the other - and see two completely different, yet equally huge artists in one place- back to back. From big acts to small, there was something for everyone. There were also way too many teenagers on drugs.

 photo IMG_0867.jpg

I'm the kind of gal who would rather be drinking on an uncrowded beach than waiting in a line of people at Disney to get on a ride (unless that ride is "It's a Small World"- then all bets are off.) 

So, you'd think when it comes to something like Lolla, it would just not be my gig. Well, I am surprised I actually had a pretty epic time, for a few reasons:

>> I was able to buy wine by the bottle (you can see it pictured in the pic. below)
>> I got to see Betty Who - if you do not know who she is, I suggest you get your act together.
>> I was with some pretty amazing people.
>> I had a dance party in the rain / mud with said amazing people.
>> I got to dress like a flower child for 3 days.

I'll let the pictures take it from here...

 photo 073ddc63-a35a-4544-aa05-4ec442e82603.png

>>shenanigans

 photo ScreenShot2014-09-09at84529PM.png

>>pre-gaming

 photo ScreenShot2014-09-09at84651PM.png

>>the gals

 photo ScreenShot2014-09-09at84614PM.png

>>and again

 photo IMG_0940.jpg

>>almost again

 photo IMG_0990.jpg

>>lolla lights

 photo IMG_0991.jpg

>>a little rain didn't hurt anyone

 photo IMG_0983.jpg

>> my boo, Betty Who


 photo IMG_0971.jpg

>>wet hair don't care. or do i?

 photo IMG_0916.jpg

>>tom's fav. face of lolla

 photo IMG_0883.jpg

>>we spent almost as much time here as the shows

 photo IMG_0878.jpg

>>beer garden.

 photo IMG_0849.jpg

>>that bottle of wine i was talking about.

 photo IMG_0932.jpg


>>the picture doesn't do this sky justice.

Another item crossed off the summer bucket list. Music Fest, check!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I need to give up some Netflix weekends and do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music fests! I went to Bonnaroo - that is hardcore. Glamping doesnt exist there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG we're s'cuteeee! I had such a blast! Thanks for being so hospitable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute photos! Love all of them and it looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tom's face in every one of these photos is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete